Location: Robinson Township, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Desired Education Level: High School
The Injury Care Specialist is responsible for managing employers’ work-related injuries and acts as the point of contact for the injured worker, physician, employer, insurance carrier/TPA, and other medical providers.
Premier Comp Solutions offers great benefits including a causal dress, team-oriented environment, convenient office location, competitive compensation, medical insurance, dental insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K, and more!
1. Manages employers’ work-related injuries to include scheduling all physician specialist, physical therapy and diagnostic appointments for their injured workers.
2. Ensures all physical therapy and diagnostic testing is scheduled with PCS network providers.
3. Acts as a liaison between the injured worker, physician, employer, insurance carrier/TPA, and other medical providers.
4. Tracts all injured workers’ physician and diagnostic appointments in the CMS system on a daily basis.
5. On a daily basis, obtains completed patient status forms from physicians, reviews for completion and accuracy, and ensures they are distributed to employers and insurance carriers within 24 hours and according to procedure. Contacts providers for missing information as needed.
6. Once reports are documented and reviewed, distributes them according to the special handling instructions per the account.
7. Thoroughly documents patients’ appointments, treatment plan, and progress in patients’ case notes per Injury Care procedures.
8. Ensures all patient work status reports, medial information, and diagnostic reports, are saved in the appropriate file by referral ID in Application Xtender.
9. Works closely with the Marketing Department to resolve client issues and potential problems.
10. Notifies Injury Care Manager of any providers who are not compliant.
11. Reviews all newly assigned files for completeness and accuracy
12. Provides back up coverage to the Intake Department during vacations and high volume periods.
Other duties may be assigned as directed by management.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Medical Assistant or Medical Terminology Certification or related education.
Experience with computer data entry.
Able to type 45-50 WPM.
Excellent communication skills.
Must be detailed oriented.